Pages

Monday 4 July 2016

Snapshot of My Mental Not-So-Merri-Go-Round

Where to start.

Still getting used to how the world around me feels without any meds whatsoever. That's no perscription pain killers, no anti anxiety meds, no depression meds. Let me tell you, its not as much fun as it sounds.

I've always had a Hulk like temper when my long fuse finally burns out. For the first little while, that fuse was exceptionally shorter. I've gotten back a fair bit of my thick skin, so I can at least flip through social media without either immediately table flipping or dissolving into tears. But when something finally wedges under my skin, I still have no happy medium. Rage or Despair appear to be my only levels of 'affected'.

Any time I lose my temper, I feel like a failure. I worry that I'm being vilified, whether or not I deserve it this time.

And let's not forget the ridiculous back and forth malarkey from my medical team. The Head Dr's I'd been dealing with of late lack some serious bedside manners. For ppl who's job it is to listen for a living, their listening skills SUCK!

"So what is it that you want from us?" Guys. srsly. I tried to kill myself. Pretty sure it's more or less mandatory that I now talk to someone about that, What do you think????

And then there is the fact that the Dr's are not only disagreeing about my mental diagnosis, but also what meds to take. "Well you should be taking this because, and they nvr should have put you on that because...." I am trying not to blame anyone, but it seems that the particular cocktail they had me taking before may very well have contributed to my incident in March. Thanks so much for considering that before you added yet another scrip that can potentially cause/aggravate depression.

I've read a hundred blogs that talk about Dr's prescribing or over prescribing. I do my very best to be my own advocate when it comes to knowing about my illness, my history, and my list of meds. But come on guys, one of the primary reasons I quit my job is because my cognitive abilities are affected. I can barely do my own thinking, never mind do your thinking for you.

I miss the old me. The Me who had the self confidence to be an active sex worker and sw advocate. Hell, the Me that had the ability to be an anything advocate! I can barely stand up for myself when someone steps on a nerve, these days. I either feel like I'm over reacting, or that I don't matter. Or worse yet, I get negative feed back and crumbling into a blubbering pile of self doubt. That is so not the Me I've spend decades becoming.

Oh wow. Talk about a msg from the universe. Eminem's Beautiful just came on....

My biggest challenge right now, staying true to me.

I so badly want to shout from the rooftops about what I'm going through, because I don't want anyone to ever feel like they are alone. But it hurts. It hurts to admit that I'm broken. It hurts to be broken. It hurts to face the world while I'm broken....

That's enough for now. I'm going to go crawl inside the head of one of my fictional characters, either play a video game or do some writing.

Blessed Be.

No comments:

Post a Comment